FBX, OBJ, STL, GLB, and GLTF can all be uploaded for conversion and optimization. They can either be the straight file with embedded textures, or a .zip file containing the 3D model file and external textures.
Note: We do not accept GLB or GLTF files with Draco Compression.
You can upload files up to 2GB.
- Optimized version of original file type (FBX, OBJ, STL, GLB, or GLTF)
- GLB (if not the original format)
- The original, unoptimized, unedited file (FBX, OBJ, STL, GLB, or GLTF)
The Organization is the overarching account workspace associated with the subscription. This is the umbrella for all users, clients, products, etc. When you sign up for an account, you are creating an Organization to hold all of your users, Clients, Products, and more. The Organization has a unique slug assigned to it that can also be defined by the administrator during the signup process.
A Client is a division or sub-unit of your organization. The Client helps to organize products by purpose, department, or project so that they can be easily managed and updated.
A Product is a single 3D model that you have uploaded and the system has optimized (if desired), converted, and stored. You will be able to access the Product on the VNTANA Web Portal, can change its setting from Draft to Live, download the converted file types, and serve them through the public VNTANA Search API . You can add custom Attributes, Locations, and Tags to your Products for filtering purposes.
VNTANA’s proprietary algorithm first understands the shape of your model and then calculates the minimum number of vertices to create that same shape with a high accuracy percentage. This results in 70-90% size reduction with minimum shape distortion.
Our proprietary Conversion service takes your 3D model and seamlessly transforms it into a wide selection of other 3D model formats for use in Unity, AR, mobile, web, and more.
Click on the Manage button in the lower left-hand corner of the Portal. From there, you can update your Billing information and change your Subscription level.
To optimize your file, simply turn Optimization On, and select whether or not you’d live to remove Obstructed Geometry (parts of the model that a user can’t see). We also offer a selection of advance optimization settings, for those who desire a more specific output. Those settings are:
- Polygon Limit – set a number of polygons, and we will reduce the poly count to under the specified limit.
- Desire Output – keep the poly shape your file was uploaded with, or override and select a specific poky shape.
Please make sure your file is a file type we support (FBX, OBJ, STL, GLB or GLTF), and is within our upload size limit (2GB). Additionally, if uploading a .zip file, make sure it only contains the 3D model file and the associated textures – remove any extraneous files.
If your file is bigger than you’d like after optimization, please try the following:
- Turn Obstructed Geometry on. This will trigger our algorithms to remove parts of your model that are not visible to a user. This can help dramatically reduce file size and poly count.
- Set a Polygon limit. If you did not originally set a poly limit, and you need to hit a certain poly count, please enter the poly limit under Advanced Settings.
Yes we do! Our API allows you to use all of our services and functionalities from anywhere – inside your existing CMS, as a step in your 3D model creation pipeline – you name it! You can find our complete API documentation here.
All best practice documentation for exporting assets from common 3D modeling software can be found here.
Either embed the textures in your asset or upload a ZIP file containing your asset and all the textures it references.
Unfortunately we do not support animations at this time, but this will be coming very soon!
As of April 17th, 2020
- Chrome – latest(current latest: 80+)
- Firefox – latest(current latest: 75+)
- Safari – latest(current latest: 13+)
- Edge – latest(current latest: 81+)