VNTANA is a SaaS platform that makes 3D eCommerce fast and easy at scale which has proven to double conversion rates and increase cart size by 60%. The patented optimization algorithms in VNTANA’s 3D CMS allow brands like Hugo Boss, Deckers Brands, and Diesel to use their existing 3D models to instantly create high-fidelity, fast-loading 3D assets that are automatically optimized for use across the web, social media, advertising, game-engines and more. Just like Vimeo and YouTube made it easy to share and embed video, VNTANA makes it easy for brands across fashion, footwear, furniture, tools, and more to share and embed 3D and AR for sales and marketing use. Our investors include Mark Cuban and Brendan Iribe, the co-founder of Oculus.
The mission of the Technical 3D Artist is to assist our clients with creating and exporting 3D assets for use in 3D eCommerce and AR. The candidate will work closely with our 3D asset creation team to help diagnose issues, recommend solutions, and create documentation that can be used by clients. They must be very well rounded in 3D and understand PBR workflows, real-time rendering, and multiple 3D programs.
1. Diagnose issues with 3D assets from various programs and provide solutions.
2. Review client models and fix any issues.
3. Determine best practices for exporting from multiple 3D programs.
4. Analyze material/textures/shaders to ensure they are compatible with established graphic styles and lighting methods as well as post-processing techniques.
5. Create and edit 3D models for clients.
1. Experience in modeling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Substance Painter/Designer or ZBrush, Houdini, etc.).
2. PBR material creation and modeling.
3. Mastery of UV projection and unfolding techniques (overlapping, splitting, padding) of UV packing.
4. Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline: (high and low-poly modeling, uv mapping, unwrapping, baking, texturing, atlasing)
5. Portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, 3D models, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
These are a plus:
1. Experience with Clo, Browzwear, Modo, and/or Keyshot
2. Modeling and low-poly optimization (texture baking toolsets).
3. Game asset creation, low poly optimization, AR/VR experience.
4. Unreal, Unity or game engine optimization equivalent experience.
Communication and teamwork:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to work with technical documentation
3. Self-motivated and proactive
4. Positive attitude and a genuine team player