Unity is a cross-platform game engine that can be used to create three-dimensional, two-dimensional, virtual reality, and augmented reality games, as well as simulations and other experiences. The engine has been adopted by industries outside video gaming, such as film, automotive, architecture, engineering and construction. For more information on using Unity Plugins, click here.
Below you will find information on VNTANA’s integration with Unity.
Before gaining access to products from the VNTANA platform, the user must enter an Organization and Client slug. The slug is the workspace name from the Organization and Client you wish to pull products from. This sends an API call to the server, requesting access to the specified Organization and Clients’ products. Upon submitting valid organization and client slugs, the users will be brought to the main view, Asset Preview. Upon submitting an invalid organization or client slug, an error message appears under the input fields, prompting the user that their entries are invalid.
If the user would like to switch Organizations or Clients, run the Asset Preview view, the window header will contain a “Choose New Client” button. Once pressed, the “Choose New Client“ button with bring the user back to the Organization/Client login view.
Here is where the user will gain access to all products uploaded to the VNTANA platform under this Organization/Client. There are two main columns, Asset Search and Asset Preview.
Asset Search contains a simple search menu comprised of a search bar and three buttons: Search, Clear, and Refresh.
- Search: Uses the specified search term from the search bar and presents the user with matched results.
- Clear: Clear all displayed results.
- Refresh: Calls for an updated list of all products.
Below the search menu is a space that gets populated with all products initially.
At the bottom of the column, the user can find three buttons that change the view style of the search results. List view, Hybrid view, and Grid view.
- List view: A simple and compact list of all product search results, good for displaying a lot of products at the same time.
- Hybrid view: A combination of List view and Grid view where each product is in a vertical list but also displays a thumbnail of the asset next to its name.
- Grid view: A large array of product thumbnails displayed in multiple columns and rows.
Asset Preview has two main elements, a large preview image of the selected product and an information box at the bottom of the column.
The information box displays the selected products’:
- Name: The name of the product.
- Original name: The actual file name associated with the product.
- Product ID (UUID): A unique identifier for the product.
- Conversion status: The current status of the conversion.
- Date/Time created: The date and time of which this product was added to the VNTANA platform
- Format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Time format is 24-hour
- Tags: List of all tags applied to this product in the VNTANA platform
- Locations: List of all locations applied to the product in the VNTANA platform
At the bottom of the information box, there is a button that allows the user to import a Unity Package containing the selected product and its dependencies to the project.
Unity requires textures to exist separately in the project in order to apply them to materials. If your model includes embedded textures, they will be extracted and included alongside your model in the .unitypackage. This will cause the file size to increase.